If you want to increase your sales, then you need to get more people to come to your website. If a 100 people visit your website, you’re lucky if 5 people make a purchase. You might be fine with just 100 visitors a month if you make a couple of thousand dollars in profit with each sale, but if you’re an online retail store that sells inexpensive items, that’s hardly anything.
Getting people to come to your website isn’t easy, especially if there’s heavy competition in your niche. That’s why we’ve compiled some excellent tips, to help you get started:
You’re putting out Low-Quality Content
You can’t make half-hearted efforts and expect to gain more customers. If you want to beat out the competition, then you simply have to put out better, higher quality content. There’s no way around it. Furthermore, low-quality content is going to lower your search engine rankings. This is because nowadays search engines like Google are quite intelligent and can distinguish between good and bad publications. If they found out that you’re content isn’t at all helpful or interesting to customers, then they’re going to penalize you by sending your website down to a very low position in the search results.
Hence, if you want to earn one of the top spots in the results and gain high visibility, you’ve got to put out the best content possible. Here are some tips for doing that:
- Stick to topics that resonate with your customers. Do some research on their pain points and put out blog posts, videos, infographics…etc. to address them.
- If you’re writing blog posts, make sure that they’re longer than 350 words.
- Update your posts. Check for any outdated information and broken links which can affect your rankings.
You’re Website Design Isn’t Ideal
The reason why you’re not getting an increase in traffic might be because you aren’t getting any return visitors. If you’re website’s design off-putting then you’ve got a big problem in your hands. Here are some common design issues that are really damaging:
- Clutter – a cluttered designed isn’t just unpleasant to look at, it can make navigation confusing. If customers can’t find the information they need quickly, then they’re going to move on.
- Not optimized for mobile – A lot of customer’s browse websites on their phone and if yours isn’t responsive to the mobile experience, then they’ll likely get frustrated and exit.
- Malfunctions – If you’re website isn’t allowing a customer to checkout or it isn’t accepting a promo code, then they might be put-off forever. A good way to prevent this is to invest in a good back-end platform like Magento that can ensure the smooth running of all ecommerce features. Get in touch with the best agency for Magento web design Sydney has to offer and figure out how to get it integrated to you own site.
- Low speed – People these days don’t have patience. If they can’t get what they need as soon as possible, they’re going to look for it elsewhere. Therefore, do some clean-up on your website and try to make it as fast as possible.
It’s simple: if you want to make more sales, then you need to get more people to visit your page. Putting out high quality content will attract more visitors and improve visibility while improving the website design will get them to keep coming back.